Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 08:57 AM

Question Please Add Folder Syncronisation

I work in the Music Recording industry and keeping regular backups of sessions is absolutely essential. I've recently purchased SuperDuper and it's a fantastic tool when my clients have a designated a master and clone drive for a project. SuperDuper saves me the headache of working out which songs' files require backing up at the end of the day and maintains metadata that is lost when performing the task manually.

However, many clients often have several projects or several artists on one drive and the backup drive will often be a mish-mash of backed up folders from several drives . In this case it would be fantastic to have all of SuperDuper's features with the additional option of selecting a folder as source and/or destination.

Please add this feature - it would make my life so much easier!

Please tell me if there is any way I could write a script to do this job (other than creating a script which ignors all other folders and have to edit it on a daily basis to fit the folder I need to back up.) If anyone has any suggestions as to other programs that will perform this task I'm all ears (nb. maintaining file creation dates and metadata is a huge bonus).