Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2006, 10:21 AM

Excuse the intrusion into this thread, but I did try the last suggestion, booting from the internal HD, disconnecting the external HD, using “go to folder” from the Go menu to look at “/volumes”, and found “Macintosh HD” (current name of my internal HD). But it is only an alias, not a copy of the Macintosh HD. I then checked on this by looking in my Home folder for “/volumes”, found only “volumes” (no “/”), it contains a folder “Mac HD”, which contains about 1GB. “Mac HD” was the name I once used for my internal HD, but decided to change that when I re-created my backup scheme. I had guessed that the “/” is used to indicate that the folder is part of a chain of directories ala Windows, such as “iMac/Macintosh HD/users/home folder/volumes”. If so, I’d expect to see the same things in both “volumes” folders. Not so; therefore, I guessed wrong. What’s going on? I’m sure I can safely delete “Mac HD” from the “volumes” folder in my home directory, but not sure what to do with the “Macintosh HD” alias in the “/volumes” folder.