Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Mr. CoBalt

Question Growl Issue: process "SuperDuper!" doesn't understand the exists message

Hi there, I'm running into a bit of an issue with Growl notifications at a client. We're running Smart Updates every night with Growl setup to post sticky notification of backup success or failure. If the staff come in in the morning and see that the backup has failed, I get the call. Lately all they're getting in the morning is the happy little Growl bubble with the message
Code:
"SuperDuper! Copy Failed (Copy of Internal Drive to Weekday Backup failed. System Events got an error: process "SuperDuper!" doesn't understand the exists message.)"
Enabling Growl logging in the Console gives basically the exact same message, as I suspected it would:
Code:
GrowlHelperApp[4611] 2007-01-12 23:30:35 -0700 SuperDuper!: SuperDuper! Copy Failed (Copy of Internal Drive to Weekday Backup failed. System Events got an error: process "SuperDuper!" doesn't understand the exists message.) - Priority 0
However, the backup isn't actually failing, and when I consult SD's log for the scheduled backup in question it shows it completing as expected. Is there anything that could be causing this issue?

As per a previous thread of mine, I'm running a script that automatically hides SD (checking every few seconds) to avoid any Intel crashing issues. I'll try disabling the script tonight and see if that could be the cause, however nothing in my script should be interfering with Growl functionality. The backup scripts that I have scheduled do call for SD to quit after it completes; could SD simply be quitting/freezing when Growl is trying to post its notification?

Thanks in advance,
Matt