View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
In general, I would have deleted the original post, joemac, not the one you double-posted (which was the second). But, yes, I assumed that you were in a situation where you could have simply edited the post to make a change, and I was explaining why you shouldn't delete existing posts.

It was intended to be helpful, so you could get a better, faster response.

I never suggested you deleted my reply. You deleted the post I was replying to -- your original post -- and that caused the reply to the post to be lost, because the original was no longer there (which also removed the thread). The software is not set up to allow a user to delete or edit anything other than the own post... but since you deleted the only post in the thread, the thread was deleted.

The re-post contained all the information from the previous post, but was less narrative. Nothing but niceties lost.

Honestly, I wasn't "laying my frustrating onto you". Rather, I was trying to offer a suggestion to improve the responses I can deliver in a timely fashion. Which, in the end, is the idea: trying to deliver the answers you need as quickly as possible.

Anyway, enough said -- your points are well taken, my apologies for any unintended offense or assumption about what you did or didn't do. My first reply must have come off much harsher than I intended, and I'm sincerely sorry about that.. Anyway, as you said, we've all been here -- so let's move past it and get back to the questions you asked, eh?

Last edited by dnanian; 09-11-2006 at 06:10 PM.