PDA

View Full Version : NetTunes starts my local iTunes aswell (Tiger problem?)

lonetrotter
07-08-2005, 05:29 AM
When I Launch nettunes, it always launches my local iTunes aswell. And if I quit it, it will relaunch it, in a couple och minutes.

I think it began when I installed Tiger. Any ideas?

dnanian
07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Do you, perhaps, have launchTunes installed as well? That could cause the local copy to start.

If not, does it only happen when you play songs? If so, it might be another product you're running that's seeing iTunes "song" notifications being reflected from the server, and is trying to interact with iTunes...

lonetrotter
07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Yes, youre right - it only happena when I play songs. Could it be audioScrobbler? :confused:

Is it possible to do anything about it?

Do you, perhaps, have launchTunes installed as well? That could cause the local copy to start.

If not, does it only happen when you play songs? If so, it might be another product you're running that's seeing iTunes "song" notifications being reflected from the server, and is trying to interact with iTunes...

dnanian
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Try disabling audioScrobbler and see! It's *something* you're running...

lonetrotter
07-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Try disabling audioScrobbler and see! It's *something* you're running...

Yepp - seems like it is audioScrobbler (when I quit iScrobbler, it does not start)

So, what to do about it? :)

dnanian
07-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Talk to the guys at audioScrobbler? They should probably have an option, rather than forcing iTunes to start when they get these notifications... or -- even better -- detect whether iTunes is running, as we do.